This master provides you with an overall business background: we offer you a general introduction in all aspects of the business from HR to accounting. The program gives you hands-on business experience in an international context. You will work on an in-company project to apply everything you have learned.
International" or "Global" is more than just an adjective for us. It’s engrained in the program, from the people in the classroom (on both sides of the desk), to the destinations of our excursions. Because of the cultural diversity of our students and the international character of our teachers, students learn how to cope with the complexities of international business communications. Completing this program means you have achieved a (more) open and global mind than before you entered the program.
Throughout the academic year, several activities will be organized at AMS by the Career Management Services which can inspire and help you in making a good career decision, including job interview trainings, career fairs, networking events, case evenings. Individual and peer coaching is offered to help you explore your talents, interests and needs, relate these to what companies offer in terms of jobs and career opportunities, and prepare yourself for job interviews and assessments.
You will also visit companies in Belgium and abroad.
Graduates from this program work in a variety of companies and industries worldwide such as AB Inbev, Atlas Copco Airpower, AVL Schrik GmbHw, Baker Tilly, 4flow, Betafence, Caterpillar Inc., Chevron Philips Chemical Company, Estée Lauder, Glaxosmithkline, HPWC, PwC, Securitas Group, Toyota Motor Europe, …
Global Leadership Skills development is more than a ‘nice to have’, it is a basic prerequisite for career success and recruiters will be assessing this when you apply for a job. Today’s employers are looking for exactly the same set of soft skills you will develop during the Global Leadership Skills: self-awareness, the ability to work collaboratively with others, leadership skills, openness to and respect for different perspectives, multicultural awareness.
While attending this program:
- you will develop your understanding of all management functions in an international context;
- you will gain a better understanding and appreciation of how cultural differences, diversity, and the international political economy impact businesses;
- you will develop social, problem solving, and communication skills to successfully work within an international team and in different cultural contexts;
- you will develop a professional, critical and ethical business attitude;
- you will be able to respond to global strategic challenges of an organization with the knowledge and skills learned at AMS.