An MSc for your academic and professional ambitions
- Interactive teaching approach by leading international faculty, authors of best-selling marketing texts and of articles in Harvard Business Review or Sloan Management Review.
- Designed with senior marketing practitioners to give you up-to-date knowledge and skills in strategic marketing.
- Practical skills are developed through your participation in a marketing consultancy project provided by an external business client, and through international marketing case studies.
- Master classes with reputable industry partners provide insight into cutting-edge and innovative marketing techniques and practices.
- The diverse, multi-national cohort provides an international learning opportunity enabling you to share marketing insight and experience.
- Our unique, self-contained campus, just one hour from London, offers a friendly postgraduate-focused learning environment, with small class sizes and unrivalled access to lecturers and support staff.
The MSc in Strategic Marketing is a Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Graduate Gateway accredited degree, enabling you to achieve CIM’s professional marketing qualifications and awards alongside your Cranfield degree. CIM is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing professionals.
The MSc in Strategic Marketing is also one of only a few master's degrees in the UK that is accredited by the Market Research Society (MRS). This means that while studying for your master's in marketing, you also have the opportunity to work towards achieving the MRS Advanced Certificate in Market and Social Research Practice, and with appropriate work experience you will be eligible to join the Market Research Society after graduation.
This course is designed for recent graduates who want to boost their academic credentials and prepare for a first professional role in marketing. It is also suitable for marketing professionals looking to enhance their knowledge and skills and progress their career.
Our MSc in Strategic Marketing faculty are experts in their field and have considerable industry experience. They work with the operating boards of many of the world's leading multinationals so bring the latest insights and best practice to their lectures.
Our faculty are supported by a team of international visiting industry speakers and professors who also bring the latest thinking and best practice into the classroom.
The leadership of the course is informed by a panel of high-profile marketing professionals, the Practice Advisory Board. Our Practice Advisory Board informs the design and development of the master's in marketing programme. Comprising leading figures from the world of marketing, it recommends additions and amendments to the course to reinforce its relevance to the modern marketing world.
The course has been developed to produce practical, proactive strategic marketers, and our teaching methods are specifically geared towards encouraging participation, self-development and team working. As well as studying a number of core modules, you will complete a marketing consultancy project carried out in teams and have the opportunity to undertake a research project, which can be either company-sponsored, or an empirical project in an area of marketing you are passionate about.
Assessment Taught modules 60%, MSc thesis project 40%
- Managing Brands
- Marketing Communications
- Big Data-Marketing Analytics
- Retailing and Omnichannel Management
- CRM and Customer Experience
- Market Research and Insight
- Marketing Consultancy Project
- Research Methods
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Digital Marketing and Retail
- Accounting for Marketing and Retail Managers
- Sales Management
- B2B Customer Management
- International class
- International faculty
- International study tours