The internet has developed at an astounding rate, connecting people in ways that we could never have imagined. On this programme you will study the advanced communications theory that underpins the science of networking, focusing on physical layer network communications, information theory and coding.
This new programme is for students who want to pursue a career shaping and defining the new generation of converged networks, responding to the rapid developments in telecommunication systems, such as social networking; seamless mobility; mobile data and the proliferation of applications for mobile and handheld devices.
- Provide an in-depth understanding of the key issues in next generation, all-packet networking.
- Cover quality of service-enabled transport; support for generalized mobility; ubiquitous provision of services to users; core network consolidation.
- Provide advanced communications theory to underpin the science.
- Provide an in-depth treatment of mobile networks from WCDMA 3G to LTE and LTE-Advanced.
- Teach you Java programming.