Whether it's the computers in our offices, the smartphones in our pockets, the electrics in our cars or the technology that enables us to monitor patients in critical care, software is at the heart of our society. You will learn advanced techniques in program design and information handling. You will also cover vital areas such as security, specification, risk management, usability, and design integrity. You can study key issues of interactive system design and to invent and evaluate alternative solutions to design problems. You will study the mathematical foundations of software and their use in practice.
You will develop skills to manage software project risks and learn about the development of tools to support decision making.
This programme will:
- Teach you advanced techniques in program design
- Allow you to study key issues of interactive system design
- Teach you the mathematical foundations of software and the practical application of these techniques
- Focus on discovering ways of mitigating risk in large scale software engineering projects
- Enable you pursue roles in areas such as software design and engineering, web development, project management and IT consulting