This MSc degree course at Queen Mary University of London will develop your financial expertise to the highest level.
Unique features of the MSc in Finance and Econometrics are:
- It covers all the analytical tools and advanced materials in quantitative asset pricing, econometrics, financial derivatives, and financial econometrics.
- Training in relevant mathematical and statistical methods and how to conduct, assess, and supervise both theoretical and applied research in the field.
- Possibility to continue to MRes study upon successful completion of the MSc, with the option to progress to doctoral study in the School of Economics and Finance.
Wide range of careers in finance, especially as researcher, financial economist, or quantitative analyst in investment banks, hedge funds, public sector, or international financial institutions.
Further studies in MRes or PhD (best students often continue onto MRes within our school).
Our dedicated careers team offers students one-on-one appointments, support with job applications, practice interviews, information about internship opportunities and employability events.
Sc Finance and Econometrics offers:
- Invaluable contributions from respected City practitioners and industry experts who also teach students, bringing practical insights in to the classroom
- A fully integrated careers programme and extensive industry links that aim to maximise your employment prospects.
- An unparalleled set of optional short courses designed to equip you with further practical training and key technical skills
- High rate of employment of our students within six months of graduation.
- State-of-the-art facilities such as a virtual trading floor which provides exclusive access to the latest technology and financial software used in the banking and finance industry