- Opportunity for research experience at the clinical-scientific interface
- Gain theoretical knowledge and an understanding of human pregnancy
- Hands-on experience of cutting-edge technologies applicable to pregnancy and research, and transferable to other areas of medical research
- Six-month research project providing students with an opportunity for in-depth analysis of a specific area of pregnancy research
- Attending seminars in the Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre and undertaking the tutorial series gives students a grounding in a wide range of pregnancy related issues
- Provides training and experience in scientific writing and developing a research proposal
The MRes in Maternal and Fetal Health is a unique course designed to train those who wish to pursue a research career in pregnancy and related disciplines or to work in associated areas in health and other public services or in the charity sector.
Students will enjoy an exceptional teaching and learning experience, an opportunity to participate in high quality research at an early career stage and contribute to public-domain research output. They are encouraged to develop ambitious career aspirations in the clinical and laboratory sciences.