Covering a range of topics from managing people to finances, operations, resources and beyond, our course equips you with the tools and techniques you’ll need to manage within today’s complex technical organisations.
Technical competence alone is not enough for the success of engineering companies - wider professional skills are needed at the top. No matter what your area of technical expertise, if you want to push forwards in your engineering career towards a managerial role this course is for you.
We’ll develop your practical skills and intellectual understanding in essential areas such as people management, finance control, operations management and basic contract law - all geared towards the global industrial market.
Our Engineering Management Full-Time course at ARU, Anglia Ruskin University is designed for engineers from a wide range of technical fields, so whether you’re a civil engineer, a mechanical engineer or an engineer working in another capacity, you can benefit from the leadership and management techniques covered.
This course aims to provide you with:
- the intellectual competency to pursue personal career goals and aspirations, and to understand that personal development is a continuous
- the ability to identify personal strengths and weaknesses and to define personal performance targets in terms of leadership style and managerial effectiveness
- the opportunity to enhance interpersonal skills and to encourage the development of leadership qualities
- an educational experience which provides the breadth of vision and enhancement of professional effectiveness expected of an engineering manager
- the ability to evaluate challenging situations
- the tools to analyse managerial theories
If you want to move into engineering management, or if you’ve recently moved into a management role and want to continue your professional development, our course is for you. You’re also in the perfect position to continue your academic career and move up to our Built Environment PhD.