The Politecnico di Milano Design School jointly offers this Specializing Master with the POLI.design. The program was founded to meet the strong demand for training in the pleasure-cratf segment. The yacht's market requires professionals with specialist post-university training.
The Master is completely in English.
The Specializing Master provides the tools for managing the design and construction of sailing and motor boats, from project brief to definition of general plans, hydrostatic and
hydrodynamic calculations, fitting-out of interiors, deck and board equipment, boat systems, production in the yard and control of executive stages. Participation in the Specializing Master allows students to achieve the following training goals:
- development of planning skills, in particular problem setting and problem solving skills in the leisure boat market;
- development of specialised technical skills; acquisition of principles and procedures of construction methods and techniques;
- development of skills related to production organisation and shipyard management;
- development of the ability to work in a group and to present oneself with authority in the professional world;
- ability to manage conflicts in the team and to encourage creativity.
The course program consists of eight learning modules, plus a design workshop and the internship:
- Yacht Design: principles, methods, tools and rules
- Design and representation
- Naval Architecture
- On-board Systems and Propulsion Equipment
- Interior Design
- Production process and corporate organisation
- Design workshop
- International class