MSc Politics of Conflict, Rights & Justice at SOAS is highly relevant to anyone working or intending to work in international NGOs, international organizations, think tanks and advocacy groups in the areas of rights, humanitarian assistance and transitional justice.
It also looks more broadly at the future of global human rights in a world where, many claim, the influence of the West is declining and asks critical questions about the legitimacy and effectiveness of transitional justice mechanisms and humanitarian intervention.
Students on this programme are able to participate in all of the activities of the Centre on Conflict, Rights and Justice — including closed and public seminars, workshops, expert briefings and professional trainings, a student-led blog, regular social events and the Centre's internship scheme (for a small group selected through a competitive application process).
- Enabling graduate students to acquire the knowledge, understanding, skills and aptitudes necessary to proceed to careers in cross-cultural and international professional contexts relating tohuman rights, humanitarianism and international and transitional justice in conflict and post-conflict situations.
- Providing learning opportunities to enable graduate students to acquire the interdisciplinary knowledge to undertake further advanced studies and research in the area of human rights, humanitarianism and international and transitional justice in conflict and post-conflict situations.
The MSc in the Politics of Conflict, Rights and Justice has three compulsory courses worth 67.5 points that all students registered for the degree must take from 2013-2014 when the course will start running. The course ‘Conflict, Rights and Justice’ is the core course for the degree. They must then choose three more optional half-units worth a total of 67.5 points from a list of option courses.
With a student population of around 4,000 from over 100 countries, our relatively small size ensures that we offer a friendly and welcoming environment while at the same time being able to take advantage of all University of London facilities.
- Classe internationale
- Internationales d'enseignants
- Voyage d'étude à l'étranger
- Question des diplômes étrangers