Future designers, architects and engineers will face the great challenges of the ever-changing design and building sector at local and global level, in terms of competition, development and modernization.
They shall be able to develop new ideas in the field of real estate, by designing solutions that embed advanced building components and display innovative layout designs. In particular, the field of interest concerns temporary buildings and events, reconversion of buildings and building components design.
In this perspective, the Specializing Master in Design for Architecture aims to:
- Combine multidisciplinary competences to create advanced curricula;
- Involve companies and professionals to make the educational experience as practical as possible;
- Refer to Italian cultural and economic assets to enrich design competences;
- Teach how to develop highly innovative concepts based on design briefs given by real companies;
- Offer a multicultural environment to enhance the understanding of global issues.
Students will become expert designers, with theoretical knowledge combined with significant experiences applied to the construction industry, and product manager, with a strong multidisciplinary attitude, involved in development of new products and their inclusion in the built environment.
The program includes three formative areas dealing with different aspects of Industrial Design:
- Design Culture: history and evolution of design, with special reference to aesthetic developments and to the ever closer relationship that has been developing over the years between product and build up space.
- Design Technology: study of the different technology, materials and tools needed in conceiving and realizing products that combine in a built up environment.
- Design Strategy: study of new construction processes, design innovation management and the introduction of design in the corporate strategies of companies in the sector.
A fourth area will be added to these: Design Studio, which will include practical work in design on various design themes such as:
- designing finished built-in products, in other words as integratable building components;
- designing electronic consumer products and space saving products that are highly intergratable with building manufacturing;
- designing serial construction products, e.g. for temporary structures and modular building solutions.
Such tasks may be individual or in teams and may envisage the participation of a leading companies in the sector of reference. The assessment achieved will constitute the basis for final marking.
The course deals with the following teaching modules:
- History of Design and Architecture
- Design and the Contemporaneity
- Design and Innovation
- Design Strategy
- Materials Technology
- Manufacturing Processes for Design for Architecture
- Technology of the built environment
- Design Studio
A training period will be attended at design or architecture professional practices or companies of the building sector.
Title and acknowledgements At the end of the Course, a certificate of attendance will be issued by POLI.design S.c.r.l.
Request information to get in touch with a tutor and receive more specific details
- International class
- International faculty
- Lessons in foreign language 0%
- International traineeship
- Traineeship at international companies
- Attendance of the master abroad