The whole world of public relations is currently shot through with transformative change. The word “advertising,” still on the lips of many today, represents a misnomer and, in any event, refers to only one of many communication techniques in a much more complex and specialized milieu. Traditionally sought-after skill sets are being redesigned to meet the far-reaching changes in enterprise, in the market, and in brand-oriented consumption. To meet this demand, UNA – Aziende della Comunicazione Unite and POLI.design have launched the Brand Communication: Designing, Building, and Managing a Brand Specializing Master as a way to enhance the role of the communication consultant, thus establishing common ground between skills that belong to the field of communication and those that belong to the most innovative fields at the Politecnico di Milano. The Specializing Master aims to employ the proper tools to manage the ongoing changes and fill a need to coordinate strategic thinking for the brand, at whose heart lies brand equity.
Participants will acquire vision, organization and management skills for complex communication projects, transversal skills and knowledge of the economic dynamics of contemporary markets. They will also refine their ability to grasp trends, fashions, customs, and individual and collective behaviors, in a continuous process of learning and transferring the skills acquired. Current market demand tends to identify a professional figure able to dialogue with other professional figures on the entire communication process and, in particular, a figure who: fully knows all the nuances of communication activities, is able to guarantee the achievement of communication objectives, is able to face a process of rationalization without disregarding the emotional aspects of communication, is able to grasp the trends and communication needs that society expresses, is aware of the ethical dimension of communication.
Participants will address the different areas of the brand’s strategic construction and communication project by studying skills in the various functions: Account, Strategic Planner, and Media Planner.
The account is the person who deals with communicating with the customer, collecting and interpreting their requests, and proposing the agency’s responses to these requests. The information from the client (research, marketing and product data) and that internal to the agency (research, market studies, etc.) are used to draw up a strategic communication plan.
The strategic planner has the main task of preparing the conceptual and strategic communication path. In doing so, the strategic planner uses the information on the market at his disposal (tastes, trends, evolution of fashions and trends, competitors and targets), defining the most correct and memorable position of the brand, product or company in the minds of those with interest in them. He/She is a person of great experience who knows not only about the markets (marketing) but also how consumers or people behave in the space identified (psychology and sociology of communication).
The Media Planner has the task of defining the methods of distribution of the communication message on the channels. The professional activity is carried out through a series of analyzes before (definition of a media strategy and media buying), during (monitoring of activities) and after the realization of an advertising campaign (evaluation of results). The media planner will go to work in media centers or advertising dealerships.
The Brand Communication Specializing Master is structured as follows:
- Classroom lessons, whether foundation or specialist, are taught by highly qualified faculty from the Politecnico di Milano, from communication enterprises to brand owners. This segment allows students to have a real approach to the work developed by the communication professionals. They will be able to understand the logic behind the different processes, the techniques, and the dynamics that are required for the organization and management of communication, which correspond to the real goal of the Brand Communication Specializing Master.
- Seminars with special guests, experts in the world of communication. Students can have direct contact with the leading figures of the communication enterprises.
- Project work (intensive workshop) the class is divided in small groups to work on communication projects through metadesign analysis and by making a brief. This segment introduces students into the actual project segment of the Master, through real simulations of communication campaigns and by using the proper marketing elements to achieve the given objectives. The aim of the project will be to identify the strategic concept of the brand. In this sense, groups of students, guided by experts, will compete to create the best marketing campaign.
- Internship enables students to transfer the skills acquired during the Master under the mentoring of experts with long experience as professionals in communication agencies.
Title and acknowledgements At the end of the Course, a certificate of attendance will be issued by POLI.design S.c.r.l.
Request information to get in touch with a tutor and receive more specific details
- International class
- International faculty
- Lessons in foreign language 0%
- International traineeship
- Traineeship at international companies
- Attendance of the master abroad