The Academic Master in Photography and Visual Design of NABA is an annual programme aimed to prepare groundbreaking professionals to enter the world of the contemporary photography: photographers, curators and editors. The educational approach considers the photography as a whole with a particular complexity, without any differences between the medium categories and practices, enabling students to acquire diversified skills to manage the photography as such a stratified language.
Over the AM, students will have the opportunity to:
- Acquire solid historical and cultural knowledge
- Develop the technical and practical skills necessary for success in national and international markets
- Learn a number of professional methods and presentation techniques that will be useful in the working environment
This program trains graduates to become professionals who are involved in the creation, direction, production, and distribution of photographic images for both commercial objectives and artistic goals, such as:
- Photographers in a variety of fields, including advertising, fashion, architecture, and the arts
- Curators, cultural operators, and events managers for photographic exhibitions, festivals, fairs, and other cultural venues
- Photo editors and image consultants for companies and publishing houses
- Photo research specialists and archivists for image banks and stock photography agencies
- Managers in cultural industries who are involved in the production and management of photographic materials
STARTING DATE: October 2021
DURATION: 1 year
LANGUAGE: Italian / English
TITLE: Academic Master’s degree
CREDITS: 60 Cfs
Placement rate: 89% (cert. IPSOS Observer)
Project and Set Design, Photography (Magazines), Photo Editing, History of Photography, Theory of Image, Photo Documentation, Computer Graphics, and Photography Techniques
Masters and courses are recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR) as a Master of Arts degree (120 CFs).
Through exchange programmes, NABA's International Office encourages and supports students wishing to study abroad.The office promotes educational experiences at numerous prestigious international partner universities worldwide. Thanks to this vast international network, students at NABA are able to spend periods of study abroad, enriching their educational curriculum and laying the groundwork for increasingly international future careers.International study opportunities are mainly provided as part of the Erasmus+ project promoted by the European Commission, the International Exchange Program for destinations outside of Europe, the Semester Abroad Program at the Galileo Global Education and short summer courses.NABA counts more than 50 cooperation agreements with European academies and universities through the Erasmus+ Programme; the Academy also counts more than 20 international cooperation agreements with several universities outside Europe.
- International class
- International faculty
- Lessons in foreign language 100%
- Issuance of foreign diploma and certifications