Why do a MSc in Sport Business Management in Monaco?
- The strength we draw from the cultural diversity and dynamism of Monaco, sets us apart from other schools. The country is your campus and IUM gives you access to it all. Immerse yourself in business from day one, Monaco off ers unparalleled successful companies that work righton our doorstep.
- A united, welcoming and multicultural community, where more than 120 nationalities live in harmony and in which English is widely spoken.
- Sports, culture and festivities as part of everyday life, as well as numerous international events and conferences.
- Unique collaboration and partnership with well-known establishedi nstitutions: Monaco Mediax for SPORTEL, Automobile Club of Monaco for F1, Electric and Historical Grand Prix, Rolex Tennis Masters, Peace & SportForum, Venturi, Ferrari, AS Monaco Football Club.
- A dedicated Career Coach.
- Global networking with students and alumni from all over the world
- You’ll be right beside the beach but just a short trip from the mountains,all in the French Riviera!
As such, graduates will consider some of the opportunities below:
- Sales and Marketing
- Communication, Sponsorship, Broadcasting, Sports TV Rights
- E-marketing, Management of Information Systems
- Management of Event and Sports Facilities
- Management of Small & Non-for-profit Organizations, Clubs, and Sports Associations
- Sport Agent, Financial Advisory
- Human Resource Management, Talent Development and Coaching.
> Accounting, financial statement & budgeting
> Management, leadership & ethics
> Strategic marketing
> Market research
> Project management & agile methods
> Digital marketing & “Learning 7” certification
> Public speaking & pitching skills
> Fostering team motivation & creativity
> Negotiation & selling techniques
> Big data & sports digital strategies
> Operational sports marketing & sponsorship
> Brand management
> Principles of sports law & wealth management
> Sports international governance & organizations
> Sports event & venue management
> Sport, entertainment & esport
> Sports media communication & media rights
Core courses focus on the theoretical and functional keystones of the sports industry, such as communication, operations, accounting and financial management, and the legal environment. As such, core courses include Fundamentals of Financial and Managerial Accounting, Multinational Firms in the Global Economy, Public Relations, Strategic Marketing, Organizational Management & Leadership, Project Management and Brand Management.
On successful completion of the core courses, master students will choose specialized courses to further develop key topics, aspects, or functions of the sports industry. This allows participants to relate certain theoretical aspects of the curriculum to real-world issues and better shape future career goals and directions. Specialized courses include Sports Marketing, International Financial Management, Sports International Governance and Organizations, Overview of the European Football Industry, Sport Project Management, Sports Olympism and Contemporary Issues, Principles of Sports Law, Wealth Management in the Sport Industry, Overview of the Motorsport Industry and Sports Events and Venue Management.