Our Foundations of Diplomacy at Oxford University is a pre-master's level course and is open to applicants with no previous knowledge of (or experience in) the field of diplomacy/international relations. It would be ideal for you if…
- you intend to apply for a Master's degree in international relations (or a related field) at a leading British university
- already work (or are intending to work) for an international organisation
- you would like to develop practical skills in public diplomacy
- you would like to boost your English language proficiency
- you are looking for a rigorous course to improve your academic writing skills in English
The course offers you a thorough grounding in diplomatic theory and practice, as well as introductory courses in international relations, political economy, politics and ideology, and public international law. It is suitable for students who have no previous knowledge of diplomacy, politics and international relations.
Your course begins with a dynamic one-week Academic and Cultural Orientation programme, followed by two 10-week terms.