Advertising and Public Relations (PR) are thriving and increasingly competitive industries which offer a growing variety of exciting international employment opportunities.
The MA provides an in-depth academic examination of the advertising and PR industries, their histories, how they function in the contemporary world and the role they play in international society and economic life – especially in relation to the media, business and the full range of marketing disciplines.
5 facts of the programme
- A one year programme based in central London
- A global and critical perspective on the thriving, rapidly evolving and increasingly competitive global industries of Advertising and PR
- Professional training for work in Advertising and PR including an optional internship and professional research project including live PR work and associated advertising materials
- Internationally recognised, research and professionally active faculty
- Small class sizes and faculty supervision
The MA emphasises practical skills in both advertising and PR from the outset, with students developing and presenting their own bodies of professional work. The practical aspect of the course will culminate in an optional accredited internship and mandatory professional research project, including live PR work and associated advertising materials and, at its end, a critical reflection which will require students to relate their work to wider thinking about these industries.