This course is designed to help you develop your knowledge and understanding of issues relating to Special Educational Needs and Inclusions in a greater depth. If you are a practitioner working with children, young people and adults in any one of a range of contexts, this may be particularly useful. Some of the modules we offer do require that you are working in a practical setting. We can also offer tailored training packages for a variety of settings.
The MA in Special Educational Needs and Inclusion is made up of modules which help you to critically reflect on debates relating to inclusive practice in a variety of settings and contexts. You will be able to choose from a selection of optional modules so you can study what interests you most.
Higher degrees can provide an opportunity for higher level responsibility roles and senior posts within education, children's services or further education. Responding to the continuing professional development agenda, this course not only addresses needs identified by Local Authorities within the East Midlands region, but also the DFE agenda for the development of teaching as a research based profession and National College for Learning and Teaching (NCLT) standards for specialist teachers and postgraduate professional development.
- Physical Disabilities: Contexts and Interventions
- Understanding Autism Spectrum
- Evaluating Approaches for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum
- Organisational based Project
- Research Methods
- Key Concepts in Inclusion and Diversity
- The National Award for SEN Coordination (Part 1)
- The National Award for SEN Coordination (Part 2)
- Understanding Challenging Behaviour in People with Autism and/or Learning Disabilities
- Research Thesis
- Perspectives on Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
- Supporting Individuals with Intellectual Difficulty and/or Complex Needs
- Attachment and Relationships
- Understanding the Nature of Literacy Difficulties and Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia)
- Promoting Cultural and Linguistic Participation and Inclusion