More about this course
This MSc Information Technology (Distance Learning) develops your understanding and knowledge of current and emerging IT and computer technologies.
You’ll develop a combination of relevant technical skills and client-facing awareness within the IT industry, preparing you for an IT career or helping you advance in your current role.
All teaching and learning materials will be provided through our advanced Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). This online tool will allow you to interact with your tutors and other students. It also provides you with flexibility and choice as to where and when you’ll study.
You’ll experience an engaging and rewarding study experience from our experienced academic tutors. There will be regular guidance, ongoing support and timely feedback throughout the course.
The course is specifically designed for career enhancement. It aims to equip you with important knowledge and skills highly valued by employers in the IT industry. These include mobile computing, IT security management, advanced databases and software project management.
Where this course can take you
Successful completion of this course will offer you a wide range of career opportunities in the Information Technology industry in private and public sectors.
You’ll be fully prepared to work in a variety of areas. These include:
- database administration
- project management
- mobile and web development
- business or systems analysis
- IT consultancy, support services
- product management and training
The modules listed below are for the academic year 2020/21 and represent the course modules at this time. Modules and module details (including, but not limited to, location and time) are subject to change over time.
Year 1 modules include:
- +Communication Technologies for IT (Distance Learning)
- +Database Systems with Professional Certification (Distance Learning)
- +IT Security Management (Distance Learning)
- +MSc Project (Distance Learning)
- +Mobile Application Design and Development (Distance Learning)
- +Research and Development Skills (Distance Learning)
- +Software Project Management (Distance Learning)