By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Critically assess evidence that underlies oral health practice
- Use a population approach to health issues
- Demonstrate skills that contribute to public health policy-making and service planning
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to research and answer population health questions
Throughout there is a special emphasis on the critical appraisal of the evidence base and an international perspective on population health.
This is a web-based programme hosted within the School of Dentistry at the University of Manchester. The MDPH programme provides a combination of interactive online learning and project work to help students to develop a critical evidence-based approach to planning services and improving oral health at a population level.
A number of pathways can be followed through this programme leading to different awards, as follows:
- Master of Dental Public Health (MDPH)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dental Public Health (PGDip DPH)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Dental Public Health (PGCert DPH)
Course units may also be taken singly.