The aim of this course is to provide you with the agency to become catalysts of change for a sustainable future. You will embark on an ambitious learning journey along which you will;
- gain a deep understanding of key sustainability challenges and the importance of acting sustainably,
- build on your existing knowledge, skills and experience and those of your peers,
- develop the skills you will require to lead change through individual action, in business, government and society, seeSkills of a Change Agent
- undertake a work placement in which you can apply and reflect on your developing knowledge and skills and abilities as a change agent.
Our Sustainability Part-Time course at ARU, Anglia Riuskin University is open to graduates from all disciplines and attracts students with backgrounds in the arts, science, health, finance and business. The course is also designed for students of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
We will help you arrange a suitable work placement, if you do not already have one, and support you in the workplace. It’s the opportunity to put your growing knowledge into practice, promoting sustainable change in a real-world environment.
Graduates from this course are likely to develop their careers in several directions. You may, for example;
- work as a sustainability professional, including working as a sustainability consultant for an NGO, independent or government body or as a sustainability specialist in industry or commerce,
- return to your academic roots empowered to 'do things better' within a particular business sector,
- work in education, developing the sustainability literacy of future generations,
- establish your own social, community, or sustainability focused enterprise.
- System Pressures
- Monitoring and Measurement
- Governance and Behaviour Change
- Better Business
- Working Towards Change
- Research Methods and Dissertation