The English-taught master’s programme in Quantitative Economics at University of Tartu gives students strong preparation in contemporary economic theory and econometric analysis methods enabling them to analyse and forecast economic processes.
- Taught by top specialists of their field in an international environment.
- A special focus on micro- and macroeconomic theory.
- Gives a training in solving real life economic problems via the application of state-of-the-art economic analysis techniques.
- Springboard for PhD studies in economics or follow a career as analysts in banks, public sector organisations, consultation firms and international companies.
The objective of the curriculum is to prepare highly qualified analysts for the government agencies, banks, international organisations and consultancy firms, filling top positions that require a detailed understanding and application of economic models and econometric methods.
Graduates are competitive as analysts in public sector, financial sector, multinational companies, consultation firms etc.
Part of the studies is a mandatory internship which helps students make career choices after graduation.
What will you get from this programme?
After completing the programme, the student:
- knows the main concepts in economics and has acquired the skills of making critical assessments over the applicability of these concepts;
- has acquired the ability to apply both micro- and macroeconomic models for analysing the problems which arise in economic practice;
- knows how to verbally, graphically, mathematically and empirically analyse and forecast both the behaviour of economic agents and also the impact of governmental policies;
- has gained the experience of conducting scientific research and solving real life economic related problems in practice.
Title Quantitative Economics
Level of study Master's
Location Tartu, Estonia
Degree awarded Master of Arts in Social Sciences
Faculty Faculty of Social Sciences
Duration 2 years
Credits 120 ECTS
Study-form Full-time regular studies
- International class
- International faculty
- Lessons in foreign language 50%
- International study tours
- International traineeship
- Traineeship at international companies
- Attendance of the master abroad
- Issuance of foreign diploma and certifications