Luxury strategies were invented in Europe and developed worldwide mainly by french and by italian companies ” (J.N.Kapferer, V. Bastien, 2012). Monaco lays in between these two countries and therefore represents the ideal place where students can learn luxury in class and experience luxury outside class.
Since 2006 IUM has developed the MSc in Luxury Management program, taking into consideration the needs of an ever-evolving segment, and working closely with large corporations and emerging brands.
The program is designed to give students a strong foundation in Luxury Management, making them understand the theoretical framework, the principles of luxury dynamics, the luxury customers, and the luxury codes.
As a result of 13 years of experience and a strong legitimacy from the territory, the MSc in Luxury Management has trained a large Alumni Community now working all over the world in all luxury sectors.
The objectives of our MLUX programs, with its three different areas of specializations, are:
- to offer students the opportunity of acquiring a thorough knowledge or the luxury sector
- to understand the luxury codes and the business logic behind the glamorous curtains of the luxury world.
- to acquire a specific knowledge of the industry trends and international markets as well.
- 2 intakes: September and January
- 10 months of courses + internship
- 40 US Semester credits (120 ECTS credits)
- The unique Yachting Track to satisfy the Yachting Industry demands of professionals with a comprehensive set of managerial competencies in luxury sectors.
- Double Degree Option with POLI.Design
- The Asian Track with the Luxury Business Institute Korea (LBI) a period of study, discovery sessions, and internship in one of the biggest distributors of luxury, premium, and lifestyle brands throughout Asia.
- Field Trip
- Internship, Thesis or Applied Project (Professional Immersion)
- The Mark Challenge – Business Plan Competition
- Monaco Symposium on Luxury