This programme gives you the opportunity to develop academic research skills within the framework of your busy clinical training programme. It is designed for clinical academic trainees in all specialties and is available for September or January start.
The programme will:
- Prepare you for a career in academic clinical research
- Provide formal training in the regulatory and ethical framework for clinical research
- Develop your key skills in research design, statistical analysis, and critical review
- Encourage you to engage with public and patients, communicate effectively with different audiences, and understand the importance of communication to the public perception of research
- Equip you to undertake independent research, including critical thinking and consideration of research impact
- Meet the requirement of the NIHR and other funders for academic clinical fellows to undertake relevant training in research methodology.