- Produce students who are competent in the design and interpretation of original clinical research at the forefront of current dental research.
- Provide the knowledge to have a comprehensive understanding of the complex issues involved in the scientific basis of fixed and removable prosthodontics.
- Provide the knowledge relating to the contemporary practise of fixed and removable prosthodontics
- Provide students with the knowledge and experience to plan, implement and complete a research project showing initiative and personal responsibility.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable critical evaluation and problem solving for prosthodontic problems.
This specialty comprises the diagnosis, management and treatment of missing or worn teeth using a combination of fixed, removable and implant-supported prostheses. In addition to this, students also gain some training on laboratory procedures as well as the clinical diagnosis and management of the temporomandibular disorders.